This is outside of Ms. Mae's bar today, A favorite watering hole of now former #saints D coordinator Rob Ryan pic.twitter.com/5KbMrXrgsM— Lyons Yellin WWL-TV (@LyonsYellin) November 17, 2015
Probably he just saw it floating around today and assumed the context. (Update: This is exactly what happened ) Understandable mistake but at the same time, not what you would call accurate reporting.
Also... and again.. not a big deal to me.. he's not attributing the photo to me even though I posted it to Flickr under a Creative Commons share alike with attribution license. By not attributing the source he's strongly implying that it's his.. um.. work.. which is what journalists sometimes call it when they take a picture of something. That seems kind of wrong.
Anyway here's the original photo.
Here are the stipulations of the Creative Commons license under which most photos on Flickr are shared. It's less about legalese than it is about good practices in the spirit of making the internet go.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.