-->

Thursday, August 15, 2013

I'm a driver, I'm a winner

Is it really 2016 already?
Chris Christie said he wants to win things, unlike certain other Republicans, at the Republican National Committee meeting in Boston on Thursday. "See I’m in this business to win… I’m in it to win. I think we have some folks who believe that our job is to be college professors," Christie said. This was interpreted to be a shot at Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, a likely rival for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination. "Now college professors are fine I guess. Being a college professor, they basically spout out ideas that nobody does anything about. For our ideas to matter we have to win. Because if we don’t win, we don’t govern. And if we don’t govern all we do is shout to the wind. And so I am going to do anything I need to do to win."
 
Christie first became nationally famous by being rude to people in town halls. (He still does it from time to time.) But Christie thinks you've got to pick and choose who you're rude to. "I'm not going to be one of these people who goes and calls our party stupid," Christie said on Thursday. This was interpreted to be a shot at Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who said the GOP needed to avoid being the "stupid party" after the 2012 election.

No comments: