-->

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Who will be the National "Couhig Conservatives"?

Did somebody say brokered GOP convention?

If I'm a Republican I am salivating over this idea because 1) I hate my candidates and 2) If I'm a Republican I still get to be interested in the party nominating mechanism actually being about something other than bombastic marketing bullshit.

Keep in mind, I am not saying this is "good news for Republicans" from a strategic sense. It isn't. But a failure of the bloated phony non-event that is the primary season which results in a political convention where people actually have to figure things out might be good for the democratic process. It's certainly pleasing from a purely aesthetic standpoint.

On the other hand, I still think this is something of a pipe dream. Yes, I get the point that all the GOP candidates suck. But a not-so wise man once said, "You go to war with the... yada yada yada"

I think the GOP primary boils down to yet another of those dismal choices we've become so familiar with in Louisiana. Sure, we end up unhappy with the results but we do end up making the dismal choice.

In all likelihood, the Republicans will end up sticking with one of their horrible candidates. Watching them go through the process of compromise and unlikely deal-making in order to arrive at that choice should be every bit as entertaining watching a Louisiana race... only this time without so much self-loathing involved.

No comments: