-->

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Y'all, #Brexit ain't gonna happen

And, of course, it probably shouldn't.  I say probably only because there are compelling reasons to want ostensible democracies like the UK to defy the international elite cartels who set rules that apply to people who do not elect them. But, more realistically, the immediate result of a Leave vote is likely to be a more strongly far-right government in the UK and the possibility of redirecting that momentum in [???] decades. So, yeah, if I were a Brit I'd probably hold my nose and vote stay. I'd feel really shitty about it, though. (Actual Brit James Gill feels differently, by the way.)

In any case, it's always fun to watch election returns. Brexit results should be coming in any minute now. (Ok not for a few more hours but still)

No comments: