-->

Sunday, August 26, 2012

10:00 Advisory

If you haven't gotten enough beer yet you've probably still got time to do that tomorrow.

Gasoline, on the other hand... well, supplies might run short.  I filled my tank this morning but we waited to top Menckles off this evening after the presumed "forecast of least regret" went into effect.  That led to some interesting sightseeing as we found the Tchoup Stop completely sucked dry around 7 PM.

Tchoup Stop out of gas

Driving around Uptown we found lines at every gas station.  So, instead, we decided to have a nice dinner at Coquette.  Before Gustav, we had a "last supper" sort of event at K-Paul's so it was nice to keep up that tradition.  Mushroom tart,  oxtail, NY strip steak, and chicken piccata, a nice sazerac;  I very much look forward to my next pre-apocolyptic meal.

Anyway the whole thing came with a lovely view of the Discount Zone across the street where the gas line extended all the way down the block.

Gas lines on Magazine

The good news is we found gas back at the Louisiana Super Saver on Louisiana and Carondelet.  The store was closed but the pumps were working and there was no line.

So I guess we're ready to stay or to go if we have to.  But this time I'm not planning on leaving unless at absolute gunpoint... which I guess could literally happen nowadays. In the meantime I recall that someone once told me Skookses float so we'll cling to that for now.

Skookses float

No comments: