JaMarcus Russell (T-P photo): A star is born?
- Marcus Randall seems like a nice guy and it's real sweet of him to have hung around for five years but he is not going to be the starting quarterback this year. Say what you will about the muddy field conditions, but Randall just did not look poised. On several plays when LSU lined up in shotgun formation, he seemed to have the happy feet syndrome going before the ball was even snapped. This stood in stark contrast to the coolness with which JaMarcus Russell comported himself after entering the game under difficult circumstances. Russell is the proverbial genie who cannot be put back in the bottle. Both QBs will play next week against Arkansas State's jayvee squad, but Russell should start against Auburn.
- The Tigers went into this one with a stable full of highly touted yet unproven receivers. At least Dwayne Bowe looks like the real thing.
- The above is good because Joseph Addai can't catch.
- The Tigers need to learn run the ball, settle on a quarterback, and quit making dumb mistakes.
- All of the above is OK because, as we said before, the Lord is mighty and strikes down the enemies of the righteous.