-->

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Okay quit piling on Fitz for a second

I disagree with him regarding the specific restaurants he calls out (but oddly doesn't name.) I very much enjoyed Ancora, for example. But a warning that New Orleans is becoming perhaps a little too susceptible to empty trends that can make it less distinguishable from any other city in America is a criticism worth paying attention to.

Now you're more than welcome to levy your multiple legitimate other complaints about Fitzmorris. I've read elsewhere that he isn't necessarily the person doing the dining he writes about in his restaurant reviews these days. And it's my impression that his on air opinions are mostly driven by his advertising revenues. Plus, as I say above, I think he's flat out wrong about the actual quality of these unnamed restaurants he's swiping at in his column. But he's not wrong to express suspicion of trendiness even if he is imprecise in his application of that suspicion.

No comments: