-->

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Roast Beef Recon

I've been wondering if Brett Anderson's Roast Beef Po-Boy series in the T-P had been boosting sales at local sandwich shops. While I know it's probably had me thinking about roast beef po-boys more regularly lately, I can't say I've been inspired to do any first-hand fact checking just yet.

Which is where Dingler comes in. In this Humid City post he, along with the help of a man named Pooky, perform their own test following Anderson's comparison between Parasol's and Tracey's but reach a very different verdict.

Also there's this which should make us all feel a bit better about the world.

What began as online blabbering turned into me ordering two roast beef po-boys within minutes of each other…one from Tracey’s and the other from Parasol’s. I called Parasol’s first at 9:11 p.m., only to be told their kitchen had closed. Admittedly, I hadn’t checked the kitchen hours of either establishment trusting that late-night leniency we have with time. Despite the hour, they agreed to make a sandwich for me, which may have single-handedly save the taste test. I phone ahead to Tracey’s to avoid another possible mishap. “Oh, don’t worry,” the voice on the phone said, “we’ll be around until 10-ish.” If nothing else, my faith in New Orleanians sense of time has been maintained.

No comments: