-->

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Pravda Picayune

Is it really necessary to use FQF as an excuse to parrot the city's talking points about the questionable garbage contracts? Or is it more Journalistic Malpractice?

One of the city's premier spring festivals will have a noticeably cleaner staging ground this year.

Those who gathered Monday for the announcement of the 24th annual French Quarter Festival said the tidiness of the Quarter, thanks to a new trash company hired by the city, is unprecedented and could add to the celebration's lure.

"I walk down here a lot and I talk to people and it seems as though the cleanliness of the French Quarter is becoming a tourist attraction in itself," Mayor Ray Nagin said.


Exactly! I visit the Quarter quite frequently myself and while I do spend some of my time there leaning against the sticky, grimy, bar at Johnny Whites, or merely avoiding stepping in horse poo, or sitting on the curb at 4 AM negotiating with vagrants as they attempt to sell me their recently stolen construction equipment, I really must say that it is the cleanliness that keeps me coming back.

No comments: