-->

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Easter Basket

The folks from the Baptist center visited us again this morning with an Easter package. And like the last time, they brought us something very sweet.. and a little frightening. In addition to the usual chocolates and Peeps and such, our basket included the following items.
  • The Story of Jesus for Children on DVD


  • Candy Cross. Good for warding off attacks from Count Chocula.



  • This package of "prayer jelly beans".




    I know the cell-phone photgraphy is a bit grainy. The back of the packet carries the following text.

    Thank you, Lord, for jelly beans.
    They remind me of your love.

    SPECKLED represents the effects of sin
    Separating me from you above.

    RED is for the blood you shed
    A sacrifice only you could pay.

    WHITE represents the cleansing of my soul
    As you wash my sins away

    YELLOW represents heaven above,
    A long awaited place!

    GREEN is for the growth that I must do
    As I study your Word
    to gain closeness to you.



Jelly beans available for purchase at http://scripturecandy.com/

No comments: