-->

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Underachieving moment of the week

This morning my boss and his supervisor took a few minutes to heap an inordinate amount of praise on me for programming a button on the cash register. Tomorrow I'll see if I can't win a lifetime achievement award for changing the toner. The sad thing is that this filled me with such a sense of accomplishment that I decided to take the afternoon off and drag Daisy on a wild goose chase in search of a free scoop of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. The sadder thing is that we were unsuccessful in this quest. The only local Ben and Jerry's location listed here is either closed or extremely well hidden.. which is a good idea if you're giving away free ice cream don't ya think?
Also today Consuela called me at work in a panic over signs that this may be about to happen again. I contacted my slum lord who seemed very ho-hum about the whole thing. I may have to go bucket shopping tomorrow.

No comments: