-->

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

John Edwards for President (or ABK)

According to President Match, I should be talking up Kucinich or Sharpton.. but I knew that already. I'm a bit more of a pragmatist than that. (Although not much of one, obviously.) Regular readers will note that I semi-endorsed Dean only after his spectacular loss in Iowa. Maybe I just have a thing for lost causes.

Strategically, I agree with Safire. Dean should endorse Edwards now. In fact, if it is close by the time LA gets to vote, I'm voting for Edwards. Kerry is pro-NAFTA pro-PATRIOT act and pro-war but still easily painted as a liberal by the Bush campaign due largely to the fact that he is from Massachusetts. This accident of geography also makes Kerry susceptible to the gay-marriage distraction that Karl Rove is just salivating to jump on. Add it up and Kerry can not possibly win this thing. Am I the only one who sees this?

No comments: