-->

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

I Can't do my Worrrk!

Putting together this year's Black History Month bulletin boards has been something of an uphill battle here. Most of what I've done is print out relevant biographical articles, lists of useful web sites, etc. I get a few jollies from including stuff like this with the obvious invitation to the viewer to substitute the word Iraq or Afghanistan for Vietnam. I try to enhance the experience visually with images I find on Google and posters we have lying around. It's a hobby. But as we get further into February, I find more and more of what I post up there mysteriously missing by the end of each day. It's bad enough that kids can't understand the difference between writing a report and cutting and pasting from web sites, but this is ridiculous. First of all, I always include a URL for the material I use on the board referring users to exactly where they can obtain a copy for themselves instead of steal mine. What's worse is that most of the theft/vandalism that my displays are subject to comes at the hands of parents who come here to do their absent children's assignments for them. So now I am plagiarising for parents who are doing it for their kids. Good grief.

No comments: