-->

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

The Day After Mardi Gras

Things are slowly getting back to normal. This morning, I drove down St. Charles Ave with the Krewe of Municipal Vehicles as they continued to clean up the mess left over the past two weeks. They won't get it all. Anyone who visits in October can still spot the strands of beads hanging from trees and power lines and such. The smell, on the other hand, should be gone by Saturday.
Fat Tuesday went very well. Overcast, foggy, and damp but no rain. I was cooking a giant pot of red beans so I could only walk down to see parts of Zulu intermittently. I caught most of Rex but was very disappointed to miss the Golden Band From Tigerland in their first Mardi Gras appearance in twenty years. Around noon, Rudolph and I walked through the neighborhood looking for Indians. Caught, I think, two tribes more or less in action on Dryades street. Crime statistics be dammed. I live in one of the most interesting neighborhoods in the world. The rest of the day is a blissful drunken blur. Today, I am completely worn out.. but I'll be back next year.
Now with Carnival out of the way it's time to clean the house, stop spending money left and right, (there isn't any left anyway) and start getting ready for CCC. Perhaps this year I should sign up to run against Bush.

No comments: