-->

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Why is it a "dress code"?

Cam Newton refers to his personal style sense... meaning just the clothes that he owns... as a "dress code." 
When the New Orleans Saints defeated the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte in Week 3, Cam Jordan had a little fun in the post-game locker room, poking fun at some of Cam Newton's interesting clothing choices.

"Anytime he tried to scoot out, we showed up on his high heels. Not that he wears high heels -- I don’t think so yet, right?" Jordan asked reporters after the game. "I mean, he’s gone with the grandma hat and the onesie. The Coachella onesie?"

Now that the Saints and Panthers are on track for a mammoth matchup Sunday in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Newton was reminded of Jordan's comments Wednesday and shot back.

"I didn’t know he was a fan of my dress code," Newton said, according to the Charlotte Observer. "Obviously he’s been paying attention. Nevertheless, that’s flattering to me. If he sends me his address, I can send him some sauce.

"I've seen the way (Jordan) dresses too, so – not that this is a fashion show or anything."
The Cam and Cam Catwalk show, maybe. Anyway, Katzenstein followed up by getting one more quote from Jordan here.

We're all a little worried, frankly. Despite their 8-3 record, the closest thing the Saints have to what you might call a "quality win" this year is that Week 3 game at Carolina. Now that's coming back around. And the Panthers are healthier now than they were then while the Saints are less so.   It's been fun watching the Saints get hot during their recent stretch. But I'm not convinced this goes much further from here on out.

No comments: