-->

Friday, August 28, 2015

No I didn't want to be in the paper

I didn't agree to be interviewed and I spent a good part of the day yesterday begging them not to run the story.  They acknowledged my objection but told me they were running it anyway because, "we think it's an interesting story."  So now you know what kinds of things the people in charge of presenting the daily news think are interesting.

All I can say is I'm embarrassed. I don't use the internet to get attention. I use it to learn about what's happening. And the way you do that is by shooting the shit with people. This is a public square/corner bar/barbershop... whatever metaphor you prefer for the venue where regular people hang out to share news and information and talk about their lives. It's how social animals like we humans exist in the universe and make sense of it.  Everyone does that. I don't think any one of us should be singled out or shamed for it.

But what's done is done.  Just have to find the resilience to deal, I guess.

No comments: