-->

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Skipping Town

I'll be leaving for Chicago tomorrow morning and will be back late Saturday night. As usual, Raul is in charge. Upon my return I intend to tie the following loose ends.
  • In the comment thread below.. Ashley has demanded that I make good on a recent sports wager... also there I have made plain my reasons why this will be a difficult task... nevertheless I intend to make good.

  • Berto has made it clear that my criticism of Cowboy Mouth crosses certain bounds of decency. While it is often my intent to offend, it is not.. usually.. to hurt. So a more measured critique will be forthcoming.

  • I also owe Dr. A a cookie.


It's kind of a tricky election this weekend. There are no acceptable candidates for either Sec of State or Comissioner of Insurance. While I generally shy away from endorsements of candidates I will be so bold as to predict that Dardene and Donelon are likely winners.

Proposed Constitutional Amendments

Amendment 1 might be meaningless at this point.. but should pass.

Amendment 2 should pass

Amendment 3 will pass... and will make absolutely no difference of any importance.

Amendment 4 is a slimy move to confiscate private property.

Amendment 5 is an attempt to protect such property from government expropriation for "economic development" purposes.

Amendment 6 requires the government to offer "surplus expropriated property" back to the original owner.

Just so we're clear.. 4 sucks 5 and 6 should pass.

Folks are also interested in Amendments 8 and 11 becasuse they concern the Homestead exemption. They will pass. Amendment 13 looks like it's aimed at promoting a more professional judiciary... sounds like a bad idea to me.

Football Related
LSU had better not lose to the team that lost to Tulane.

The Saints look primed for a let down this week... and the Panthers defense will likely pressure Brees better than the Saints' previous three opponents... on the other hand, this team has been full of pleasant surprises thus far.... nah... it's gotta end sometime.

Panthers 28 Saints 14

No comments: