-->

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

That time I got Michael Brown to sign my copy of River Road Recipes

The gag had to do with that time he was too busy having dinner in Baton Rouge to take a call during the height of the emergency. Not sure a lot of people remember that now but he sure seemed to when I mentioned it to him

Or maybe he was lying.  The dude will do that.
I shouldn't be asking these questions. It's not like Brown could produce an honest response. He's a liar. I didn't know just how brazenly he lies until Friday morning Sept. 2, 2005, when I was watching a morning news show at my cousin's home in Baton Rouge. Brown said, "We've provided food to the people at the (Ernest N. Morial) Convention Center so that they've gotten at least one, if not two meals, every single day."

"He's lying!" my cousin said. "Last night he said he didn't know they were there!"
Indeed. A transcript revealed that on that Thursday evening Brown said that FEMA had just learned of a Convention Center crowd that day. So how had FEMA been providing food once or twice "every single day?"

He's a liar. That's the only way to make sense of what Brown says. As Karst summarizes it, regarding the evacuation, "he's gone from being impressed to suggesting it never occurred to acknowledging that it occurred but that it sucked. Full circle."

No comments: