-->

Friday, June 19, 2015

QOTD

Bobby Jindal signed the budget today.  He vetoed some items.  One of those was a 1.5 percent cost of living increase in retirement benefits for former state employees.  This has lead to some upset feelings.
"I've had enough of this governor," said Rep. Jack Montoucet, D-Crowley, who was instrumental in getting a bill passed that would have granted a 1.5 percent benefit increase to workers on July 1. "If I had any indication that this is what he would have done, I would have crashed his budget."

The bill's sponsor, Democratic Rep. Sam Jones of Franklin, said a veto threat had hung over the bill for much of the session. But he was nonetheless vitriolic in his condemnation of Jindal, saying he is "the most deceitful, hateful governor I've seen in my lifetime.

"Whatever his burning hatred is for state employees and teachers, I guess on his way to Iowa he had to stick his finger at them at one more time," Jones said.
They make some noise in that article about calling an override session but that's never happened and isn't likely to. 

More details about Jindal's vetoes are coming in here here here and here so far.

No comments: