-->

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them

I ran a little late for work this morning. I've already apologized to everyone for that but I had a good reason. I was watching Donald Trump announce he was running for President. It was worth seeing.  Kind of like receiving a political lecture from guy at the end of the bar at the Brothers Three except not as lucid.

Trump's general platform is based on the notion that America's leaders are "stupid losers" who are "getting beaten in trade deals" also possibly in football. 
IT'S LIKE, IT'S LIKE TAKE THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS AND TOM BRADY AND HAVE THEM PLAY YOUR HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM. THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHINA'S LEADERS AND OUR LEADERS. 

By contrast, Trump is a "winner" as evidenced by the fact that he is very rich, and a "good cheerleader" and not necessarily a nice person.




Also he likes China. No, he loves them.
I LOVE CHINA. THE BIGGEST BANK IN THE WORLD IS FROM CHINA. YOU KNOW WHERE THEIR UNITED STATES HEADQUARTERS IS LOCATED? IN THIS BUILDING, IN TRUMP TOWER. I LOVE CHINA. PEOPLE SAY, OH, YOU DON'T LIKE CHINA. NO, I LOVE THEM, BUT THEIR LEADERS ARE MUCH SMARTER THAN OUR LEADERS.
But the best part of the speech happened at about the midpoint... you know the part where the guy announcing he is running for President actually says the words, "SO, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I AM OFFICIALLY RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES."

So Trump babbles about twenty minutes. Then he says those words. And there is some applause. And then the music Trump had entered to begins to play again. (Neil Young's "Keep On Rockin' In The Free World." Neil Young is not happy about this, by the way.) But Trump cuts the music after a few bars and continues talking for another half an hour or so in an even more rambling fashion than before.  Amazing!

I'm still trying to figure out if that was supposed to happen that way. Like, okay Donald, when you say you're running we're gonna cut in with a few power chords just for dramatic impact. And then you can do the rest of the speech. Here's what that looked like. If this was planned, my hat is off to it.



No comments: