-->

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

In which Ray Nagin tells you about a thing being "surreal"

He's kind of an expert in that.
Nagin spoke to the WDSU I-Team exclusively, maintaining his innocence and suggesting that he had been “targeted” by the government.

When asked what went through his mind as the sentence was handed down, Nagin sounded a defiant note.

“Well, you know, all of this is pretty surreal to me,” he said. “I still maintain my innocence. We're going to appeal this thing and, you know, it's just something that's very difficult.”
I haven't watched the interview yet but according to the report, Nagin's appeal will lean on the US Attorney commenting scandal a bit as well as on prosecutorial "magic.
“The prosecutors were fairly magical in their ability to take something that supposedly happened and paint it as reality when it didn't really happen,” he said.
I know we're still waiting on Katrina's Secrets Volume II but if Nagin wants to write a YA novel of two while he's got all this time on his hands "Fairly Magical" might make a pretty good series title.

No comments: