-->

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

National Signing Day

Think of it as the NFL Draft for the black market economy. The lucky high school football studs you see listed all over the internets today may not end up becoming stars for your favorite college football factory, they may not even graduate from the factories their names are attached to, but rest assured many will be picking up a few bucks one way or the other.

Because Twitter is the ultimate force feeder of news, I've learned more in the past hour about LSU's 2011 class in one hour than I had bothered to pay attention to during the preceding three months. Before today, I was certain our nation had reached peak Hilliard back during the 1990s. I was wrong. Apparently the supply is inexhaustible as long as we're willing to drill baby drill for more. Meanwhile, it is good to see Les Miles take seriously the task of closing the embarrassing Eli gap by acquiring the services of an all-pro quarterback's less highly regarded brother.

I've also learned that Miles' class has been ranked 9th overall by Scout.com and given an "A" by this Sports Nation blogger. But that post confuses me more than anything else. For those of you who care about this stuff your assignment is to read the actual content of that article and come back and tell me I'm wrong to think that it better describes a "C" recruiting class than an "A".

No comments: