-->

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Return of the Serpas

It was just yesterday that we were wondering after the NOPD traffic checkpoint announcements. I'm not saying I'm all into the Prayer of Jabez or The Secret or any of that crap but... well... sometimes one need only ask in order to receive the Lord's bounty.

New Orleans, LA – As required by the Louisiana Supreme Court, the New Orleans Police Department is issuing a public advisory regarding a DWI Checkpoint that will be conducted.

The New Orleans Police Department’s Traffic Section will conduct a DWI Checkpoint on Friday, January 21, 2011 in the Warehouse District area, beginning at approximately 9:00 P.M., and concluding approximately 5:00 A.M. Motorists will experience minimal delays and should have proper documentation, i.e., proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license if requested.


This one is especially distressing for me since it's happening on the same night that Testaverde is opening a show for the Happy Talk Band and R. Scully's Rough Seven at One Eyed Jack's. Ordinarily, on the nights when checkpoints are announced, I lock myself in the house and hide under three sets of bedclothes. But this time I may have to plan differently. Maybe I'll take the bike or something.

Doing so could give me a chance to scout the actual location of the checkpoint. I've long been annoyed at the vagueness of these imprecise announcements. "Warehouse District" isn't as useful as say, "St. Charles and Calliope" which is where I think this photo may have been taken.

Anyway, be careful out there.

No comments: