-->

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Crap weather

Election Day 2010

It's a sloshy election day in New Orleans. I'm not sure how much this is going to affect the local races other than reinforce the likelihood that Dardenne and Vitter will cover the spread. Maybe it will help Cao keep things close, but I rather doubt that.

Meanwhile I'm putting the GOP at +50 seats in the House and +8 in the Senate.

The one thing I'm looking the least forward to is the onslaught of punditry telling us that the Republican victories are the result of some mythical liberal overreach by our pro-Wall Street, pro-war, pro-torture, center-right President.

But that's what happens when you live in a fact-free media environment where the daily narrative is written by simpering elites validating the crazy fears of crazy people.

The good news about that is I should be used to it by now having lived through the Clinton administration. The bad news is I'm used to it and nobody has learned anything.

No comments: