-->

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Unintentional Twittering

I was totally behind Bobby McCray until he let his lawyer release this limp crawfish of a statement.
"I regret that my private messages were unintentionally posted on Twitter," he said. "I have respect for the men and women who serve the New Orleans Police Department and I never meant to convey otherwise. My attorneys are now handling the matter and I have faith that the legal process will rectify the situation in my favor."
"Unintentionally posted on Twitter"? How does that even happen, exactly? More importantly, why does it matter? Here's what McCray originally unintentionally posted regarding his arrest on DUI charges*.
Trying to deal with this Bogus charge of DWP.. driving with pizza..

I had cuffs on me in 3 minutes.. This was a short guy with Napoleon complex

He got upset because I asked him why did I need to get out of the car on a routine traffic stop.

He started ranting and raving and saying I think I know it all and threw me in cuffs... my finace was feeding me pizza driving home.

And so he pulled me for doing 80 in a 60... not to mention I was sober... Lawyers mount up, we got some work to do!!!!


Now the image of McCray's mounted lawyer brigade is kind of funny but leaving that aside, what we learn from this is 1) McCray was pulled over for speeding 2) The cop was an asshole about it and didn't think McCray was appropriately deferential to his authority so he slapped him with a more serious charge 3) McCray is pissed. What about this information is, in a sane world, in any way damaging to McCray? Why does he have to apologize and walk it back?

*All we know about the DUI charge, BTW, is that McCray refused a breathalyzer test which is something he is well within his right to do. (Although it means his license is forfeit for a year. I could discuss the many things I find offensive about this law but it's beside the point here.)

No comments: