-->

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Clown Show I

In case you missed it.

Note: I missed it. We'll talk after I've seen it.

Eli took notes. They look pretty funny but I need to watch for context.

Update: Wow so far they're all inarticulate morons.

Leslie Jacobs "There is no reason New Orleans has the crime rate it does" Later she says she's looking for people to "partner with us in crime". Sends the wrong message, I think.

Nadine Ramsey "So it has to be that we listen to our neighborhoods. That we take into place with the police department what the neighborhoods are doing to make their lives better." Either she's been hit in the head with a shovel or she had Sarah Palin write lines for her.

Troy Henry suggests some sort of "5 legged stool" metaphor although most engineers (Henry is an engineer) will tell you 3 legs are adequate. One of the legs, he says is, "addressing the crime problem proactively as well as on an enforcement standpoint"

Anyway then the WDSU video cut off. I'll check it again later but I'm watching Stewart/Colbert right now.

Meanwhile here's what Cliff thought.

Upperdate: Edwin Edwards once said of Dave Treen, "He takes an hour and a half to watch 60 Minutes" Well I just spent about 5 hours watching, pausing, making notes on, walking away from, coming back to and watching more of what was only about a 45 minute or so debate. And it was freaking hilarious. More tomorrow. I wrote a bunch of jokes on the Tweeter Tube as I was watching. I'm sure I'll repeat a bunch of that here soon.

No comments: