-->

Thursday, December 31, 2009

That's when I reach for my revolver

Attention policy geeks. If you're at all curious about how the Mayor still intends to move City Hall to the Chevron building after having been shot down by City Council earlier this year, take a look at what Eli and Dambala are speculating about.

The gist of the discussion there is that Nagin is attempting to apply LRA "revolver" funds designed to front cash for FEMA reimbursed projects toward what Dambala and Eli are calling development projects unlikely to be reimbursed. If they're right, it potentially puts the city on the hook for a huge chunk of money it won't be able to repay without a great deal of pain in a few years (conveniently after Nagin is long gone). Go read both of their posts for detailed discussion. I only mention it here because I thought of a killer title I needed to share.

No comments: