-->

Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Lundi Gras

Obviously I've been doing Carnival-type stuff this weekend. It's no big loss to the general discourse, however. There certainly wouldn't have been anything here more worth reading than Oyster's two recent posts about the coming 2010 mayoral election and our ridiculous Governor's posturings over Louisiana's share of the stimulus package.

Meanwhile I've been busy getting drunk in the streets. I'll take the time to write about it after it's over but tomorrow is a big day and I've got to get some sleep. In the meantime, please enjoy these photos (and one video) of folks cleaning St Charles Avenue after tonight's Orpheus parade. Over the years I had come to call the elaborate procession of street sweepers, trucks and clean-up crews that follow each parade the Krewe of Municipal Vehicles. But I may have to give that name up as I fear it may raise suspicions from the Inspector General's Office.

Krewe of Municipal Vehicles

DSCN4753



Happy Mardi Gras

No comments: