-->

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tales from the email

  • Yesterday I sent my mother.. who currently lives in Nashville.. a link to Shelley Midura's much celebrated open letter to the President. Today she responded.
    Wow that was really good. Unfortunately, it will not make a difference, and probably only the people in New Orleans will read or know about it.
    To which I replied,
    Maybe.. except that it made Daily Kos yesterday.
    Prompting.. of course.. the punchline,
    It made what? What is that?
    Just in case anyone needed reminding how small this little internet echo chamber actually still is these days.


  • Daisy informs me this morning, that her electricity bill in San Jose, CA is $11.54. Daisy says she runs her a/c pretty much all the time up there in the Summer and from what I am given to understand, her living quarters are not too different from mine in New Orleans. My Entergy bill this month is $354.00.

No comments: