-->

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Rain

Despite the optimistic tone of the local weatherfolk, I get the feeling most of this weekend's (and possibly Thursday's) parades are going to be washed out big time.

This can either be bad or very very bad. The worst scenario I can think of would postpone Endymion probably to Sunday and, although they haven"t announced this, probably also to the Uptown route behind Bacchus. Which will be a stupid mess. As we all know, the Endymion crowd is the most poorly mannered when it comes to observing city ordinances and generally respecting people's space. NOPD says they're cracking down on that shit this year, but something tells me they'll be looking less for ladder violations and more for stuff they think they can collect heavy fees for. If I were you, I'd be careful where I park my car this weekend.

On the plus side, I'm hearing that they're planning to do some Treme filming on lower St. Charles during Muses which strikes me as a far greater obstacle to citizens enjoying their public festival than any ladder phalanx could ever be. The good news is maybe that will get rained out too.

No comments: