-->

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Out of the mouths of... um... babes

From Stormy Daniels' statement indicating (finally) that she will not run for Senate.
The simple fact that David Vitter has $5 million in his bank account pretty much says it all. Against that shear accumulation of special interest dollars, I have no legitimate means of winning a race for the United States Senate under these circumstances. As a businesswoman, I know that better than anyone.

I am not running for the US Senate because I am an adult entertainment star. I am not running for the US Senate for the same reason that so many dedicated patriots do not run--I can’t afford it. On this day inparticualar (sic), we should all take time to reflect on the loss to our country that comes from the sad fact that those who may truly desire to contribute to our society are barred by those who only seek to unjustly profit off it.


From there it devolves into libertarian "fair tax" blah. But the above point is well made.

No comments: