-->

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I would totally subcribe to this

The Daily Nagin
Nagin apparently has given more thought to his long-term agenda, telling a radio audience that he is planning to embark upon a new profession after his big trip: newspaper publisher.

"You know, after the term, I think I'm going to put together a group, and we're going to go buy a newspaper," Nagin said during his regular WBOK appearance with Riley onThursday. "I'm going to buy me a newspaper, man. That's going to be my next role."
It would be awesome. And I say that in all seriousness. I would love to read this paper. Of course jumping into the print journalism business at this stage of its nadir is only the latest example of a city official being behind a failing national trend. For example, we jumped into the red light camera business while most other cities were already getting out. But really, even if he were serious, this is just another one of Nagin's Big Idea projects he'll never follow through on so it'll never see the light of day.

And I really think that's a shame because I really think he ought to be putting his point of view out there for public scrutiny. Maybe he should start blogging. Or if that's too much work, at least tweeting.

No comments: