-->

Monday, July 10, 2006

Speaking of Surveys

How do you expect to create a "walkable" neighborhood with no corner store to walk to?
The survey responses lend support to the idea of trying to prevent the reopening of corner liquor stores that have been magnets for criminal activity, and for adding sidewalks, traffic controls, parks and other features that increase the "walkability" of a neighborhood, a report by the Tulane center says.
And no I don't mean yuppiefied versions of what corner stores might look like to people from Wisconisn that seem to be popping up on Magazine Street lately. I mean real corner groceries that sell cheap po-boys, chinese food, and, yes, liquor, you tight-asses.

Note: Congrats to me for using my favorite pejorative, "yuppie" in consecutive posts. I believe this may be a first for me.

Note: That crashing sound rumbling in from the West is Daisy slamming her fist against the desk as she reads the split infinitive in my previous post. I intend to leave it there as I am quite the bastard.

No comments: