-->

Monday, July 17, 2006

Rundown of Weekend Minutae

1) Okay I'm 32 now... they say it's the new 29 and a half.... I'm pretty sure I stopped maturing at 13 or so... which means I'm younger than I look.... which is a bad thing... I think.

2) Liuzza's is back to serving food.

3) Cafe Atchafalaya is also back after a recent remodeling. Dad took me my brother and Menckles there on Friday night and we found it quite good... not exactly knock your socks off but good.

4) On Saturday night, Cafe Amelie was.. well.. disappointing. This wasn't entirely the restaraunt's fault. For one thing, we sat outside even though we knew it would be really nasty hot and mosquito-ish... and it was. This would have been bearable had we also not been treated to an unfortunate lounge act which consisted of a woman singing non-ironically hammed up and drawn out versions of "My Girl" and "At Last" to an audience of folks from her church group. The citrus glazed shrimp were pretty good but I had trouble refraining from spitting them up as the singer carried on.. "I'm talking 'bout... lemme tell you who I'm talking 'bout... oooh yeah.. oh talking.. I'm talking 'bout..." and so forth. I couldn't decide if the fact of this act was more depressing than the obviously entranced tourists singing along at the table next to us. Fortunately I didn't have to worry about these comical wailings getting stuck in my head for too long because later that night...

5) MOTT minus keyboards and other effects equals purer punk/metal with some.. theatrics.. involved and rocks just as much as one would expect.

6) I was otherwise engaged and unable to witness this fact but.. it bears noticing. The geeks have united. Be very afraid indeed.

7) What I saw of the new Pirate movie was pretty good. Too bad the power went out at the Prytania halfway through. I understand it's supposed to end in a cliffhanger anyway... so I guess this is just preparing me for it.

No comments: