-->

Friday, June 09, 2006

Yuppies taking over the neighborhood

My new across-the-street neighbors have arranged to have my next door neighbor's damaged car towed by the city. My next door neighbors are a young couple of kids from Chalmette who are trying to save up enough money to get the car fixed after a recent accident. The guy accross the street is an out of state guy who just bought his house for $300,000 plus. Since moving in, he has removed the attractive cast iron fence from in front of his house, cut down a nice tree in his front yard, and installed a driveway thereby reducing the amount of available on-street parking on my block. (I live in a medium sized appartment building with no off street parking so yeah it kind of pissed me off.) Apparently he just couldn't abide that eyesore of those kids' "abandoned vehicle" parked on the street so he had it towed. I hate people.

No comments: