-->

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Watch Bernie Sanders speak in Kenner



It's not as long as it looks. The first thirty minutes of this video is just watching the crowd assemble. (UPDATE: They've edited it down since I posted this.)   It was big. Something like 3500-4000 by my guesstimation. Bernie talks for about an hour.  There's further coverage of this speech in the Advocate, Gambit, and T-P.

I was there too. It was the second of back to back Bernie nights for me. On Saturday night I weaseled my way into the Louisiana Democratic Party's Jefferson Jackson Dinner where I mostly was disgusted by/made fun of people.  I've got a long post in the works about that, about Bernie Sanders, and about the Democratic primary. But my writing schedule is such that I might not have that done for a few days.  In the meantime, this is one heckuva stump speech. Have fun watching the TV pictures.

No comments: