Friday, July 24, 2015

Bye, Junior

It's been fun
The New Orleans Saints released embattled outside linebacker Junior Galette on Friday, a source told NOLA.com's Larry Holder.

Galette's release comes less than one year after he signed a lucrative contract extension that was meant to ensure his long-term future in New Orleans.

Galette told reporters last month that he was scheduled to meet with NFL officials in New York about his January arrest for domestic violence at his home in Kenner. The charge was later dismissed.

More recently, a video emerged last month showing Galette striking a woman with a belt during a brawl in 2013. The Saints said they forwarded the video to the league office, which was already investigating Galette in connection with the January arrest.

Galette, 27, spent all five of his NFL seasons with the Saints since being signed as an undrafted free agent in 2010.
Are you ready for the Hau'oli Kikaha era?

No comments: