-->

Monday, May 10, 2010

The smell of fried foods and pure hot tar*

Air tests from the Louisiana coast reveal human health threats from the oil disaster

Today the Louisiana Environmental Action Network released its analysis of air monitoring test results by the Environmental Protection Agency. The EPA's air testing data comes from Venice, a coastal community 75 miles south of New Orleans in Louisiana's Plaquemines Parish.

The findings show that levels of airborne chemicals have far exceeded state standards and what's considered safe for human exposure.


Forget the respiratory and neurological issues. Forget about the carcinogens. Here's how this is affecting me personally. This afternoon in Uptown New Orleans it smells like somebody left a Barbie in the microwave. There is no way I can go do my semi-regular 4-6 mile jog in this. Meanwhile I'm desperately eating up all the Louisiana seafood I can get my hands on before it all goes away forever.

Seafood gumbo

That's a gumbo I made Friday with oysters, crabs, and shrimp. I made a big shrimp stock to do this and have the excess stored in the freezer right now. I figure I'll be able to get $500.00 an ounce for the shavings in another month or so. I'm on my way out the door to find and eat as many fried and raw oysters as I can tonight. Also this is fucking depressing in general so I'm drinking more than I usually would.

So I guess my question is, can I just sue BP for making me fat?


*Isn't it great to exist at this point in time?

No comments: