-->

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Here's what I mean by close

The map I've put together below is the result of my stab at discounting Obama's likely overstated advantage in current polling results. Please bear in mind, this is not necessarily the way I think these states will go (I'll make those pointless pronouncements next week sometime) rather it is the result a clumsy but illustrative decision on my part to color red every state in which Obama has not consistently polled comfortably over 50% during the past month.




Again, this is not a prediction, just a look at how much closer I think the election is than the received wisdom would have it. And yes I am aware that some of the states I have in red here are trending Obama just as I'm aware that McCain has reportedly "conceded" New Mexico and Colorado so that he can go make an ass of himself while still losing Pennsylvania. But this does not mean those states are not still "in play" nor does it mean Obama has the thing won.

No comments: