-->

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Can someone photoshop something for me?



I want to see Ed Blakely being lifted away by a giant crane. As the bedraggled citizens stand in their empty lots... or behind those big "Recovery in Progess" signs and shout up at him to come back he shouts down, "I can't. I don't know how it works!"

Update: And, of course, there's ActII:
Dr. Ed Blakely, the New Orleans recovery director, denied reports Thursday that he may leave his post in January when he completes his second year in the position.

Blakely called a Thursday story by the Times Picayune a "false report," and said he doesn't want to leave and doesn't have any intention of leaving.

Blakely said that the decision on whether he stays is one that they have to revisit every year with the mayor.

“Every year we talk about this. I might be going in 2012, 2015 – who knows? I have no idea where they got January from,” Blakely said.


From the T-P report linked above:
While sipping wine provided after a meeting with local, state and federal hurricane recovery leaders Wednesday, Blakely said he plans to discuss his employment in the coming months with Mayor Ray Nagin and with his family, who live in Australia.

"I haven't made a decision, but I've told some people I'll be looking in December and January at what's happening because obviously this has been tough on my wife and kids, but it's very exciting for me to see all of this happening, " Blakely said.


Direct denial of the words that just came out of his mouth. Yup, situation normal here in Blakelyville.

Care to comment, Mr. Mayor?

When asked for comment, Nagin said “it’s Blakely’s thing.”


True dat.

No comments: