-->

Saturday, April 15, 2006

51:11

Yesterday I decided not to blow five bucks at the Health and Fitness Expo to rent a CCC timing chip and thus become eligible for a poster. Considering my sorry-ass time this morning it seems to have been a good decision. Still I feel pretty good. A good way to gauge one's performance relative to the field is the population of Tad Gormley stadium upon arrival. When I got there today there was no one waiting in line for beer. I consider this a success. I expected to see more electioneering at such a high profile event. Arnie Fielkow's campaign had a noticeable presence, as did the IQ people. Peggy Wilson was at the finish line in person and I even noticed some Butler sign wavers on Poydras street. But as far as I could tell the mayoral front runners (Landrieu Nagin and Forman) were nowhere to be found.

Evidently there was indeed one giant Fleur De Lis among the throng.

No comments: