-->

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

A State of Hate

Here is Ricky promising not to spend much time on and then getting off on an out and out rant about the fact that the enlightened representatives of the good citizens of the Gret Stet came together to respond to Massachusetts by passing their very own hate amendment and then high fiving each other in exultation. I could go on myself, but you should really just read Ricky's post.

In related ignorance news, a patron donated a copy of the exceedingly vapid Sex And The New Single Girl by Helen Gurley Brown; a dating guide for women which is well.. pretty much what it looks like. A quick scan of the text of the work revealed the following passage:
Suppose you like girls
You've already worked out a way of life for yourself to which I could contribute no helpful advice. I'm sure your problems are many. I don't know about your pleasures. At any rate, it's your business and I think it's a shame you have to be so surreptitious about your choice of a way of life.
I'm confused. Do you think that was actually an attempt at empathy or condescension? Either way it's hilarious.

No comments: