-->

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Sports Page

Cox really needs to accidentally turn my free cable back on. Without TV my personal news cycle is completely out of synch with the rest of the world's. Case in point, last night Randy Johnson throws a perfect game and I don't have a clue until I pick up a Time-Pic at the coffee shop this morning. This is unacceptable. Maybe I need to sign up to have information broadcast directly into my brain like the characters in M. T. Anderson's Feed.

The Cubs are drifting about in the injury doldrums. This one particularly seems to fit their idiom. Thank God it's only May.

Finally, it's springtime, it's time for fat guys running around in shorts. Mini-camp is open. Today's earth shattering news: A man comically named Cie has a knee problem and Devery Henderson dropped two balls. The more ominous developing football story is this one. The slowing New Orleans tourism economy is making it difficult for the state to make it's ransom payments to the Saints. If the situation is not remedied, the team could leave as early as next year. r and I are making the most of it and buying season tickets, hopefully not for the last time.

No comments: