-->

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pimp my not-pothole

Sure, Gambit, go ahead and run your "pimp my pothole" contest after ours is filled in.

Yes, that description dares to ask, "Where is New Orleans most iconic pothole?" I don't... I can't...

Look, never mind that right now. I'm not entirely sure our sinkhole is even disqualified.  Sure, it's been filled, technically speaking. But it hasn't exactly been fixed.  It's just a big break in the street filled in with dirt and bricks.

Oh and also some potting soil.  We put that there in order to plant sunflowers.  They're doing pretty well so far.

Sprouts

Sunflower seedlings

Growth

Sunflower plants

Still there

Still a ways to go, obviously. With any luck they'll begin to flower just as the city arrives to repair the curb and pave them over.

No comments: