-->

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Well I kind of did

Doesn't matter. Mitt will be the nominee.

Romney senior adviser Erich Fehrnstrom appeared Tuesday night on CNN, saying that the primaries tonight would be a success — that Romney's actual goal was to win a third of the delegates at stake in Alabama, Mississippi and the Pacific islands contests.

"I don't think anybody expected Mitt to win Alabama or Mississippi. As Mitt said early on in the campaign, this was an away game for him, and I think that's true."


No matter. I'm sticking with my longstanding two unwavering opinions about this GOP field. Mitt will be the nominee no matter what. And Santorum has a better shot at beating Obama.

Meanwhile I'm crestfallen over not getting to see Mitt give a speech tonight. I'll have to settle for the fact that I did get to see the end of Santorum's event in Lafayette tonight where a folk-ish Indigo Girls sounding musical act performed a song about how "God gave us the Bill of Rights" moments after Santorum railed against Obama for being the most shamefully ineffective job-killer in history. Tone-perfect surreality.

No comments: