-->

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Fooled again

This is obviously not the week I'm gonna crank out the Saints post any earlier than I have been. Part of the problem is, while I've had time to collect facts and links and germs of ideas, I rarely have had more than 5 minutes free to sit and write without being interrupted. Maybe I'll have some time tomorrow but it's looking like I've got a lot on the schedule there too.

Also it doesn't help that this opening scene from last night's South Park premiere captures my general state of motivation lately. More so than usual, I mean.



So that's that.

Meanwhile, reports from today's #Occupy event suggest that it was moderately well attended but also pretty uneventful, or even, in the words of one eyewitness "boring, Sidney, boring!"

Still I've found it diverting enough to look through some of the photos.

CIMG0004
Photo by Flickr user Artbymags



I think this is probably my favorite because it combines the grammatically and contextually confounding phrase "Who Dat? We Dat" with a store bought Guy Fawkes masks which has the double benefit of being both a tired cliche and a modest profit center for mega-corporation Time-Warner who has trademarked the image. The improvised fleur-de-lis on the forehead isn't actually necessary to make the image any more lame or predictable but I do appreciate the extra effort there.

No comments: