-->

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Speaking of recycled ideas

This morning I got an email from Daisy referencing something that happened seven years ago which sent me on a trip through the Yellow archives looking to fill certain memory holes. While I was doing that, I came upon a post from 8/29/2004 (call it K-1 if you like) containing the following.
The a/c isn't really cooling the appartment very well, or at all really. This is a real problem because, well, do I really have to explain the summer here in the tropics? No I don't. Good because just thinking about it puts me in a bad mood. We still let the air run, but only so as not to cheat Entergy out of their hard earned monthly payment. We have given up on setting the thermostat below 80, mostly because of the ugly way it laughs at us whenever we do so, but also I get tired of the sound of money burning for no purpose.


While I was sitting here reading that... yes, in the same apartment, still... two men were in in the living room with me working on the air conditioner which hasn't worked in about three weeks. Nothing ever changes.

No comments: