-->

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Why my night was better than yours

1) You had to put up with this condescending disingenuous lying speech.

2) I was at Carnival.

Quick parade roundup: Saturn's theme was "See you in the funny papers." The parade cast various local and national politicians as comic strip characters in a weak attempt at satire. Maybe I was missing the joke all night but I couldn't figure out why any of this was particularly funny.
  • Eddie Jordan as Chilly Willy Umm.. Oookaay
  • Ray Nagin as Charlie Brown I guess because he's bald?
  • Kathleen Blanco as Stripperella Well, she is a girl I guess so that's certainly something.
  • George W Bush as Superman Do I really need to go into the sinister implications of this?
On the other hand, I did get a couple pairs of "fat lady" beads from them so, you know, they've got that going for them.

Muses is the best weekday parade hands down. I am actually beginning to prefer it to Saturday's bloated and always obscenely crowded Endymion. Muses is a first class event with numerous marching bands, unusual walking clubs, stilt walkers, flambeaux, brass bands, really cool floats with fiber optic lighting and, of course, some of the most unique signature throws like shoe beads and teddy bears. Also there was an appearance by the Go-Gos who I think are playing in town this week. Did I mention that I like Muses? Go see them next year.

After that, what Morpheus? I know I watched this parade but man were we ever drunk by then. I did get some beads with the little moon medallion so at least I know I was there.

Parade food notes: I recommend the Jambalaya at Fortissimo on the corner of Louisiana and St Charles Avenues. It comes in larger portions this year. They claim to have crawfish bread which I am dying to try but they ran out before I could get to them last night. Also, this morning, on the way to work, I noticed that the funnel cake truck is finally up and running. It has moved from Jackson Avenue to St. Charles around Felicity street just across the street from Walgreens. I think we can make that walk tonight.

Why your morning was better than mine: I had to read this condescending disingenuous lying speech. Plus I'm a wee bit sleepy and hung over.

Tonight: Babylon followed by Chaos. This begins a long weekend of partying and carrying on in the streets. I don't have to liberry again until Ash Wednesday. Posting between now and then is almost certain to occur somewhat drunkenly.

Blogger Spellcheck Note: Spellcheck likes "crayfish" but not "crawfish". Damn yankee bastards!

No comments: