-->

Monday, January 24, 2022

Congrats, Walt

I resolved to do more posts in 2022. I haven't done more posts yet.  Will do more posts soon. Seriously. Like I said before, I've got a a big backlog of notes and outlines of things I could have written months ago but never got around to.  I've also got some "draft" posts that are really just bookmarks of single items I read in the news but didn't want to forget. I've always tried to put things like that on the blog so I can find them later. Gonna try to get back in that habit as well soon. Anyway, if I end up posting some stuff that seems like old news this is why. This is going to be a very dark year, I am afraid, for a lot of reasons.  Not sure what to do about it other than just try to keep the notes straight as it happens. 

For example, in December, we learned that Walt Leger is finally getting his "fair share" of the spoils he earned guiding the legislation that the mayor called a Fair Share for the city but which actually just gave the Convention Center more control over its slush fund and made the privately operated but publicly funded New Orleans and Co. tourism promotion corporation even richer and less accountable to the public.  

As a reward, Walt will get to run the unaccountable private tourism promotion corporation

Stephen Perry, the outspoken longtime leader of New Orleans' tourism and marketing agency, will step down at the end of next year, he said Thursday.

He will be replaced as CEO of New Orleans & Co., the private, publicly-funded nonprofit, by former state legislator Walter “Walt” Leger III, an attorney and former Speaker Pro Tempore of the Louisiana House of Representatives. Leger is currently executive vice president and general counsel at New Orleans & Co.

No comments: