-->

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bars and churches on every other corner

I never did understand why the presence of religious charlatans in the neighborhood was allowed to dictate whether or not I could by a beer at the grocery.
NEW ORLEANS – Some neighbors of the Louisiana Meat Market are mystified. How can one corner grocery at Louisiana and Loyola be selling alcohol? It appears to violate an ordinance that forbids alcohol sales within 300 feet of a church.
You know, I have dubious feelings about people who drink cherry-flavored Dr. Pepper. There's something unsavory about luminescent rust-colored fizzy liquids that I don't trust. Could we look into restricting that activity to beyond 300 feet of a library? What the hell kind of a medieval thinker do you have to be in order to justify such an absurd law? Other than the Stacy Head kind, I mean.

No comments: